|Cobell v. Salazar Timeline
(Previously known as Cobell v. Norton and
Cobell v. Kempthorne)
June, 2008 - Present
June 24, 2008 - The Osage Nation granted permission to intervene in Cobell v. Kempthorne on Tuesday morning, June 24. (For link, go one line above, then click on June 24 AM transcript, and go to page 1461, line 17 through page 1468, line 19.)
July 21, 2008 - Plaintiffs' Response to Defendants' Proposed Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law
July 22, 2008 - Defendants' Respond to the Osage Nation's Proposed Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law
July 22, 2008 - Defendants' Response to Court's Notice to the Parties and to Plaintiffs' Proposed Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law Following the June 2008 Trial
November 18, 2008
- The Court of Appeals grants plaintiffs' petition to appeal the district court's August 7, 2008 memorandum.
December 10, 2008
- Plaintiffs' Motion, Plantiffs move to expedite scheduling of oral argument in latest appeal.
December 12, 2008
- Plaintiff's Response. Plaintiffs respond to defendants' request to revise the briefing schedule at the court of appeals.
December 17, 2008
- Plaintiff's Supplement. Plaintiffs supplement their reply in support of an expedited briefing schedule considering appeals court availability.
December 22, 2008
- Plaintiff-Appellants' Opposition to the Osage Tribe's Motion to Intervene
February 20, 2009
- U.S. Government files Opening Brief in the Appeal of the Court's Impossibility and Disgorgement Rulings
April 2, 2009
- Plaintiffs file with the Court of Appeals a notice of DOI IG report finding IIM IT security still vulnerable to cyber attack.
May 11, 2009
- Court of Appeals' Transcript of the Oral Argument regarding the District Court's Impossibility and Disgorgement Rulings.
July 24, 2009
- Court of Appeals Opinion, Appeals Court revives government's duty to render an equitable accounting.
May 16, 2010
- Defendants' Memorandum in Support of Final Approval of Settlement
December 21, 2010 - Order for Preliminary Approval